+ Post New Thread
Thread Title: Opening the .VOL File in CSO/ISO

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0

Default Opening the .VOL File in CSO/ISO

I have been coming here for close to 2 years now....so I think it is safe to say I respect the lot of you and trust in your testing, reviewing and advise. I felt it necessary to say that because I think I have only posted in these forums 1 other time and you all deserve it. Truly.
    I can usually find what it is I need by searching and reading through some of the seemingly mundane threads that look like they have nothing to do with what it is I am looking for. I am usually wrong about that, as well. Everything I read in here teaches me more and more about what I should and shouldn't be doing and you guys have helped me through more than 20 PSP's in those 2 years.....without a single brick or major failure. I thank you ALL for that....

That out of the way....I have need of your assistance one more time. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to find the information myself....Or I am just searching for the wrong thing.

I want to open the actual .VOL file that is stored in the uncompressed ISO. (Uncompressed, as it pertains to a CSO.)

Here's the situation.

The game is NHRA Drag Racing: Countdown to the Championship...Now I know 'jibbz' thinks the game is a waste of time...along with Pro Cycling, Freekout Extreme and a few other games....but I happen to love the game.

The problem is is that when in career mode, the game freezes and shuts off the PSP when it gets to the 2nd qualifying round at Bandimere...So after something like 12 or 13 different venues, I can go no further and have to start over.

I have been modding PC games (graphic skinning, modeling and the like) for a long time, so, I am itching to get into it and see what I can see.

I have gotten this game from several different sources with the same issue. It has plagued me in several different CFW's, and I have tried converting the game into all the formats and tried them (CSO, JSO, DAX and ISO)....all with the same problem. Yes, I have the plugins to be able to use JSO and DAX formats.

At the moment, I am using CFW 5.00 M33-6. 1.50 Kernel is installed (I know it is not necessary, but, just in case someone were to ask.).

Can any of you fine gentlemen point me in the right direction??

Except maybe you jibbz.....lol!

Thanks for your time....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

2. Adsense Banner
    Please consider disabling your adblocker across vgchat.us if you wish to support us. We serve only harmless Google Adsense ads here and nothing else. Thank you!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Default Opening the .VOL File in CSO/ISO

I appreciate your kind words, and I'm glad to hear that you've found valuable assistance in these forums over the past two years. Let's see if we can help you with your current issue regarding NHRA Drag Racing: Countdown to the Championship.

It seems like you're looking to access the contents of a .VOL file within an uncompressed ISO of the game for modding purposes. The issue you're experiencing with the game freezing in career mode could be related to the game's data or scripting, which may indeed be something you can investigate and potentially fix.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

+ Post New Thread