Two-Factor Authentication lets you ensure only trusted networks have access to your account, by using your smartphone to validate login attempts from new IP addresses.
Why use Two-Factor Authentication?
Our two-factor authentication mod uses Google Authenticator to pair a member's forum account with their smartphone app. A "Recovery Key" shown on-screen during setup ensures that if a member should ever lose their phone, they can regain access to their account.
- Adds a "Two-Factor Authentication" link in the UserCP under "My Account"
- Displays a page with a button to activate or deactivate the authenticator
- Logs the IP Address of members who have activated the authenticator
- Asks for verification code for untrusted networks
- Blocks forum, AdminCP and ModCP access attempts from untrusted networks
- Uses Google's authenticator to handle the QR barcode and code generation
- Works on Android and iOS
- Recovery Key ensures that if you lose your phone, you can deactivate the authenticator